MESSAGEBOARD

Dear friends, Just wanted you all to know that I DONT USE FACEBOOK, ORKUT, SKYPE OR TWITTER most probably will never do that either........

Blogging is my hobby, i write because i love to write, till date I HAVE NOT USED MY BLOGS FOR ANY COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS PURPOSES. IF I DO IT IN FUTURE I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

Those of you who are my friends and want to leave some message for me can use my email id or better my blogs: http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com; http://suryagni.blogspot.com,; http://suryakana.blogspot.com;
i update these blogs once every month.

http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com, http://magicthought.wordpress.com;
http://window2mysoul.wordpress.com
http://mycybernovels.wordpress.com
- i update these blogs almost everyday ................ sharmishtha basu (25.12.2010)

In the end, i always request my regular readers to just once read this blog post:

http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com/2009/08/trolls.html

Saturday, October 24, 2009

movies

Its interesting to think how movies sometimes absolutely transform our point of views. Just like any normal human being I have seen countless movies, and some of them have absolutely transformed me.

Machis by gulzar taught me to look at terrorists as human beings like you and me, a green mile taught me life is not always fair, sometimes an innocent man fails to prove his innocence and dies in the hands of law, which was supposed to protect his life. Schindler’s list moved me so badly that I was not able to smile for an entire day (I am infamous for laughing too much).

Time and time again this medium has been used as a great weapon to wake up sleeping human souls, recently I saw a movie that again reminded me how much transforming a movie can do..shawshank redemption is a movie about an innocent man who landed in the jail and the horrors he had to go through.. it was a really, really creepy movie because reality was just placed in black and white with none other than Morgan Freeman narrating the story in background, I dreamt of the movie the whole night. Well, it made me a little more kinder toward so called criminals.. that’s for sure.

Recently I saw Philadelphia, well i am horrible when it comes to watch sad movies.. so I will not indulge in elaborate discussions about the limit to which it moved me, but will certainly request people to see it before they hate gays or HIV positive people.

These two movies really shook me up in recent times, and they convinced me that my policy is correct- to not hate someone unless I have enough reasons to do so. Thank God I have always been taught by my parents to walk in someone’s shoes before hating him/her.

2 comments:

  1. Dear didi, thank you for sharing your views about movies.
    I was also very much interested in watching movies since my childhood but I see many negative impacts of movies on human nature. Therefore, I do not watch movies anymore.

    I agree that there are some benefits of watching movies but the damage done by movies is lot more than their benefits.

    Dear didi, please don't be hurt by my difference of experience (not just opinion).
    Btw , I like the benefits you have taken from movies.

    Atleast, I can appreciate your habit of not hating others unless you know genuine reasons to do so.

    Wish you all the best!

    Your brother/reader,

    Ibn Hanif

    ReplyDelete
  2. dearest brother,

    from childhood its been my motto, i read every book and repeat only good ones.

    later the movies came (i was addicted to movies once) then i started to practice almost the same there.. i used to watch only good movies till the end, and repeat only very good movies or very good timepasses :) like cartoon movies (i just love them).

    you know the thing which i respect most in you is you stay firm to your own belief but accept the golden truth that everyone has his or her own choice and some of them may not be very appetising to you... i too think that way.

    with lots of affection,
    didi

    ReplyDelete