MESSAGEBOARD

Dear friends, Just wanted you all to know that I DONT USE FACEBOOK, ORKUT, SKYPE OR TWITTER most probably will never do that either........

Blogging is my hobby, i write because i love to write, till date I HAVE NOT USED MY BLOGS FOR ANY COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS PURPOSES. IF I DO IT IN FUTURE I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

Those of you who are my friends and want to leave some message for me can use my email id or better my blogs: http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com; http://suryagni.blogspot.com,; http://suryakana.blogspot.com;
i update these blogs once every month.

http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com, http://magicthought.wordpress.com;
http://window2mysoul.wordpress.com
http://mycybernovels.wordpress.com
- i update these blogs almost everyday ................ sharmishtha basu (25.12.2010)

In the end, i always request my regular readers to just once read this blog post:

http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com/2009/08/trolls.html

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Letting go

Letting go.. well, I am an expert in this field. People often express wonder at my expertise but I do.

It doesnot matters how much I love a thing/person if I can convince myself that its not mine I can let it go, and finally get over that pain.

People often struggle hard to let go, I have often pondered why..what is it that is different in me?

There was a time when I was addicted to movies, television but my duties in home started quite early as per bengali famillies so I just could not afford to watch them even though I longed to.. slowly I won over the addiction. I stopped regretting my inability even the least.

Were these seeds which made me strong inside? as they were sowed in my heart too early… or am I blessed?

There were times when I truly doted after a friend but realized that the feeling is not shared, I never chased that person though I loved him or her dearly. I simply backed off.. a thing which lot of people find next to impossible, people do almost every thing to keep people they like with them. in my case my love doesnot changes, I don’t stop loving them, but I let them walk away without being heart broken.

Why will I bother a person who doesnot shares my feelings?

I have an added blessing, which I really, really adore.. its really tough to make me addicted to any thing for long. There was a time I was addicted to spider solitaire.. it just went away one fine morning. Lately I was worried that I was getting addicted to intent, internet and computer.. durgapuja proved me wrong.

When my computer crashed I realized that I can survive without them happily. I have last logged in intent on 23rd october, and my computer+internet time has sliced down to 8 hours from more than 16 hours earlier.

Is it really that tough to let go? Or we make ourselves weak? Thinking that we cant live without it?

11 comments:

  1. Dear sister, You have shared your thoughts very nicely and I appreciate your control over yourself. I think some times its good to give an end to a friendship, relation wich is proving to be purely one sided.

    But never deprive me of your inspiring thoughts, I request you to please continue writing such posts.
    Wish you all the best sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dearest brother,

    you too act as my inspiration. i have the same thing to say.. keep sharing your fabulous views and religion with all of us. its a treasure which has been shared very rarely.

    allah hafiz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Letting go ... is the art ... life teaches a man or woman in time. In our lives, we are more happy when we can leave a lot of habits behind. Habit starting from movies, soap serials, to friends, lovers, internet, computers etc. All are habits actually. We weren't born with them, so we can stay away from them.
    Me, personally is an addictive person with all kinds of addiction keep a long patch of them on my life. I havn't quit smoking for the last 18 years. Could not let a lot of things go from my mind. Still ... I am trying to and some day I shall be able to "let them go" as you are already blessed with.

    You are getting better day after day in writing, don't let "this" go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear shankha,
    smoking is a very nasty habit, i failed to get my brother rid of it.. any way psychologists say that its not the fault of the smokers.. its starts to control them after a few years..

    i too am addicted to tea.. have to have atleast a few cups every day. or else a splitting headache and a couple of hundred yawns will haunt me.

    the whole credit goes to a friend of mine, he is reading every story i am scribbling and expressing his opinion on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear sister, You are not alone, your brother Ibn Hanif is also addicted to tea.
    My recent addiction is of reading your posts, particularly wich you publish on Agnitrisha.

    Thank you, dearest sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dearest brother,
    i am truly honoured that you like my readings. i know you are very much addicted to reading, so you must have read wonderful works of other writers, so i am humbled is all i can say.
    with warmest affections,
    didi

    ReplyDelete
  7. trisha, I used to follow a few blogs but now I don't do that anymore. I have shortened my reading list. I read only 3 blogs on regular basis and these are :
    1. http://www.agnitrisha.blogspot.com
    2. http://www.blog.melindaville.com
    3. NothingProfound's blog.
    I read your blog for I often feel that you transform my thoughts in your posts. Only difference is of our religious beliefs. For me agnitrisha is my own blog.

    Dear sister, I am also grateful and honored that Sharmishtha is my reader.
    Thank you so much for being a so kind sister.
    You can let my blog go but I think you can't let me go, for we are nearly like true relatives.
    Thank you for well wishes. I wish same for you as well.
    Ibn Hanif

    ReplyDelete
  8. trisha, I used to follow a few blogs but now I don't do that anymore. I have shortened my reading list. I read only 3 blogs on regular basis and these are :
    1. http://www.agnitrisha.blogspot.com
    2. http://www.blog.melindaville.com
    3. NothingProfound's blog.
    I read your blog for I often feel that you transform my thoughts in your posts. Only difference is of our religious beliefs. For me agnitrisha is my own blog.

    Dear sister, I am also grateful and honored that Sharmishtha is my reader.
    Thank you so much for being a so kind sister.
    You can let my blog go but I think you can't let me go, for we are nearly like true relatives.
    Thank you for well wishes. I wish same for you as well.
    Ibn Hanif

    ReplyDelete
  9. trisha, I used to follow a few blogs but now I don't do that anymore. I have shortened my reading list. I read only 3 blogs on regular basis and these are :
    1. http://www.agnitrisha.blogspot.com
    2. http://www.blog.melindaville.com
    3. NothingProfound's blog.
    I read your blog for I often feel that you transform my thoughts in your posts. Only difference is of our religious beliefs. For me agnitrisha is my own blog.

    Dear sister, I am also grateful and honored that Sharmishtha is my reader.
    Thank you so much for being a so kind sister.
    You can let my blog go but I think you can't let me go, for we are nearly like true relatives.
    Thank you for well wishes. I wish same for you as well.
    Ibn Hanif

    ReplyDelete
  10. dearest brother,

    I really am honoured that your thoughts tally with mine. i guess our mentalities are same that is why you feel that my words are your thoughts. i too feel that way when i read your posts, that they are exactly same as mine.

    you have become like my own brother, you are right, no matter where i go or what i do you will always be in my heart, but i stick to blog because i would love to have daily interaction with you. time sometimes wipes away our deepest affections, and i dont let it do it with me. i try to keep relations alive for the longest possible time.

    with lots of affection,
    didi

    ReplyDelete