MESSAGEBOARD

Dear friends, Just wanted you all to know that I DONT USE FACEBOOK, ORKUT, SKYPE OR TWITTER most probably will never do that either........

Blogging is my hobby, i write because i love to write, till date I HAVE NOT USED MY BLOGS FOR ANY COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS PURPOSES. IF I DO IT IN FUTURE I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

Those of you who are my friends and want to leave some message for me can use my email id or better my blogs: http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com; http://suryagni.blogspot.com,; http://suryakana.blogspot.com;
i update these blogs once every month.

http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com, http://magicthought.wordpress.com;
http://window2mysoul.wordpress.com
http://mycybernovels.wordpress.com
- i update these blogs almost everyday ................ sharmishtha basu (25.12.2010)

In the end, i always request my regular readers to just once read this blog post:

http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com/2009/08/trolls.html

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Caring for oneself

We often confuse that caring for others has some clash with caring for oneself. We think that by taking care of our own needs we become selfish. I have seen too many people suffering from this complex, I also did, even now I am not fully over it when it comes to physical needs but in case of mental or spiritual needs I have grown up a little.

A little more explanation ……

I only mix with people who leave positive impact on me. In case of people who make a negative impact on me by their rude behaviour, complaining nature, incurable gloomy nature I first try to change them and then I slowly distance myself.

A person once doled out a million dollar wisdom to me, he said that we let these people linger around us because we look for friends too desperately. When I soul searched I realized that he was true. So I moved another step toward my goal. And started to de weed these persons from my life as a result my life transformed a lot.

Second, I treat myself as a queen, and others too, if they don’t force me to change my mind. I am determined to enjoy my stay here, no matter what. So I treat myself with compassion, kindness and sweetness. Before believing any sarcastic remarks I think who is correct, if the person is correct I just remind him that a remark can be made properly, and then thank him for his honesty and keep his words in mind. But not before reminding him that he should stay within limits of manners.

Third, I never let gloomy souls suck me down to their whirlpool, I stay clearly away from that quagmire and throw them the rope, right on their head, and if they catch it and let me pull themselves out I do that, but I don’t let them make me a part of their misery. I clearly show them the ways they can combat it, and cure themselves. A real human being never wants to make others miserable, he may need a hand to clutch from time to time but he doesnot uses that hand to paint his benefactor’s heart black. He clutches that hand, walks out of his hell and blesses his benefactor for the rest of his life.

Fourth, I never let anyone make me believe that the world is bad, I always stick to my belief (which was once lost but regained) that most of the human beings are good, but a big proportion of them are misguided by doomsayers, so I try to bring them out of that misconception by drawing their attention to goodness of human beings.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts expressed very nicely. I too agree with most of my sister's (trisha's) thoughts witten in this post, and wish to adopt my personality accordingly.
    Dear sister, in particular I liked your habbit of drawing others attention towards the beauty of life as you have mentioned it in the last paragraph of your post.

    With best wishes.

    Ibn Hanif

    ReplyDelete
  2. dearest brother,
    people who have wasted a few years of their lives looking at the darkness of life and then all of a sudden have been yanked out of that pit know how precious and beautiful life is, and so are majority of human beings.

    well i learnt this almost forgotten lesson from intent.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dearest noreen,
    i am glad that you liked this :) i know you share a lot of these views.
    with lots of love.

    ReplyDelete