MESSAGEBOARD

Dear friends, Just wanted you all to know that I DONT USE FACEBOOK, ORKUT, SKYPE OR TWITTER most probably will never do that either........

Blogging is my hobby, i write because i love to write, till date I HAVE NOT USED MY BLOGS FOR ANY COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS PURPOSES. IF I DO IT IN FUTURE I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

Those of you who are my friends and want to leave some message for me can use my email id or better my blogs: http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com; http://suryagni.blogspot.com,; http://suryakana.blogspot.com;
i update these blogs once every month.

http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com, http://magicthought.wordpress.com;
http://window2mysoul.wordpress.com
http://mycybernovels.wordpress.com
- i update these blogs almost everyday ................ sharmishtha basu (25.12.2010)

In the end, i always request my regular readers to just once read this blog post:

http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com/2009/08/trolls.html

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Earth and me

I was born in a tiny town in Uttar Pradesh, our quarter had a small garden attached to it, which was trasnformed into a jewel by my father. He loved plants, and the garden was forever vibrant with flowers of different colours and their constant companions.. birds, butterflies and bees.

Just a few hundred metres from our door started a long stretch of almost empty land, stretching upto the next railway station. we used to take long strolls in that field with our two mutts.

it was not a flat land, was quite wavy one, not much green but green enough. there were rabbits, foxes and lots of peacocks there. i have only seen the peacocks but my smarter siblings have seen all three of them.

when i shifted to my ancestral home in west bengal after a brief stay in delhi it was again a wonderful friendship with nature. it had a pond attached to it and half a dozen more ponds visible from our roof top.

in deep contrast to UP and Delhi, my hometown was green, as green it can be. Its the greenest district of West Bengal i believe.

I used to wake up at 4 in the morning to roam around the town in my bicycle. that was simply divine. i used to relish the early morning in its full glory, first light, sunrise, dew drops, cold wind... the waking up of birds.. list is never ending. to add up to the joy the gorgeous river damodar runs just beside my hometown and i used to see the sunrise from its bridge without a break.

This is the reason i believe in harmonious live together of man and other children of nature.

4 comments:

  1. If you write your whole biography in this manner, that will become a "best seller" for sure.

    Thanks for sharing this childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear shankha,
    okay, every friend has complete right to pull leg once in a while but .. i am hyper touchy and dont have any sense of humour.. :)
    i loved those days with deep intimacy with nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Sister, It's all because of your unique personality that I became a reader of this wonderful blog. Your childhood memories are amazing. Although, I was born in Kashmir but still I wish to see your village, it's peacocks, rabbits, birds and you already know my love for viewing and taking snaps of the sun particularly at sunset and sunrise.
    Dear sister, I'm sorry to always praise your writings infront of you but believe me I can't avoid these words for I am really impressed by your writings in this wonderful blog. Do you know that there are millions of personal blogs present on Blogger and Wordpress etc. But trisha yours, Marty Robin's and Melinda's (blog.Melindaville.Com) are the only blogs where I never wish to miss even a single post.
    I wish you keep writing such great posts for these not only tell about your love for nature but these peaceful posts even increase my love for nature.
    May (mine, yours and everyone else's) God give your more and more wisdom to do more to spread peace and love in humans. Ameen.
    Dear Sister, keep writing, keep inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, I have written what I have really believed. The childhood story have something in common with mine. I used to getup early and used to go for jogging. The same kind of feeling, smells, sounds, used to surround me, on those very tresured moments of mine as well.

    If you read "Autobiography of an Unknown India" by Sir. N.C. Choudhury, you will find that he had described his childhood in the same "easy" manner as you do. And, eventually, the autobiography became a all time "best seller".

    I have a "LOT" of sense of humour and I really don't pull my friends' legs...

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete