MESSAGEBOARD

Dear friends, Just wanted you all to know that I DONT USE FACEBOOK, ORKUT, SKYPE OR TWITTER most probably will never do that either........

Blogging is my hobby, i write because i love to write, till date I HAVE NOT USED MY BLOGS FOR ANY COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS PURPOSES. IF I DO IT IN FUTURE I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

Those of you who are my friends and want to leave some message for me can use my email id or better my blogs: http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com; http://suryagni.blogspot.com,; http://suryakana.blogspot.com;
i update these blogs once every month.

http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com, http://magicthought.wordpress.com;
http://window2mysoul.wordpress.com
http://mycybernovels.wordpress.com
- i update these blogs almost everyday ................ sharmishtha basu (25.12.2010)

In the end, i always request my regular readers to just once read this blog post:

http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com/2009/08/trolls.html

Thursday, September 17, 2009

better beware

I have once worked for an organisation which was run by a selfmade man, he has built quite a nice business starting from scratch. So he had every reason to be quite protective toward his business.

He is a issueless guy with plenty of money and I thought it was his careless attitude for money which made him buy two computers for one computer operator.. one stand-alone only for internet and the other connected with the LAN. There was separate printer and necessary things for both the machines because every day huge amount of official emails used to arrive there.

Then slowly I became net savvy and I realized that he was intelligent. There are too many ways of hacking in your computer when you are online. I have personally seen some proofs.. hints that were too much blunt to be ignored, as I don’t believe in telepathic communication.

Before that I used to think that all the stealing is done after you post something in blog, then I realized that posting is no longer required, being in the computer is enough.. I have a good antivirus installed but geeks say even that is not enough if someone is determined to steal.

The bitter fact is we, the normal users can never fight hackers, when they can hack into NASA etc then what are we? A big nothing. So being careful is the best way.

10 comments:

  1. trisha, your informative warning post may inspire me to try and hack your blog.
    Can u please tell me ur security question and give me hints to steal your password. (I am kidding, sister)
    Thank You, we should certainly be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well ... a good news for us is, as long as we are "nobody" or "nothing", there is no chance of hacking our personal computers.

    Most of the hackers do it for pleasure. For getting more information from the "restricted" zone. But, of course there need to be some hints. Also, a good antivious today comes with the "internet security suit" which guards effectively against hackers.

    One easy tip is use a "cleaning" software like C - Cleaner and one Anti spyware. Then you are "safe".

    Thanks, Shankha

    ReplyDelete
  3. dearest brother,
    you know i get atleast one mail a week asking me for my password and email id, or else msn will close my account..lately it has become daily affair :)

    i hope no one answers to these mails like those mails which crowd up our junk box ..

    please help me with the transfer of money..recently a guy lost thousands of rupees on such a mail.. how can people even response to these?

    Allah hafiz,

    with lots of affection,
    didi

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear shankha,
    i have a good antivirus installed, but the problem is if you invest a lot of energy in writing and before you put up that thing in blog you see one of your followers have put up the same theme in a different way.. again and again what will you say?

    can you give me the urls from where to procure those anti spyware? my antivirus says it uses anti spyware, not only that it checks and leaves marks even on my outlook mails :)

    i am an ordinary person. no one knows me outside my immediate circle.

    with warmest wishes,
    trisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't get you Trisha. How can one blog follower can write something before you have started writing on that topic? How can a follower know what you have in mind to write down, or at least in your PC, where the files are already protected with new generation anti-virus?
    Also, for the anti-spyware, you either can depend upon the one provided with your anti-virus suite, like in Norton Internet Security, Mcafee, Kaspersky, etc. or can download one for free. I use "Spybot S & D". That's give great protection.

    As you have mentioned in the post as well in the comment that, you are little known, out of your own known world, you can safely carry on with your present anti-virus. Only update it regularly.

    Thanks,
    Shankha

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear shankha,
    i have quite an ample stock of unpublished things in my computer.. its those things which were appearing in that blog after being re written, but the inner core was stunningly same..

    i think i write a lot more than others.. so i feel a little shy to put them all up in blogs and keep them in stock for dry days.. its these works i was referring to.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my opinion if the content of your hard drive seems to be "replicated" or "hacked" by some means, it is being done by loggin in your computer through remote desktop or some other means. Can turn off "remote desktop" in the first place and change all the passwords, specially for administrative accounts of your PC. Hope, that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear shankha,
    remote desktop did not seemed to be active.. it can be done through WAN too, that is CDMA datacard.
    thanks for the suggestion.
    best wishes,
    trisha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I read our blog post. Are you saying that your boss is a hacker or is someone that wants to prevent being hacked?

    Having multiple computers give you an advantage, as you can access to websites that do not allow multiple accounts. It is also a good way to hack people and not get traced. However, if your personal info is spread across multiple computers, then it will be very very hard to hack into your accounts.

    <a href="http://www.charmainelo.com>Philosophical Blog of a Modern Teenager</a>

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks a lot, i will keep your suggestion in mind.

    someone was hacking my computer in an organized way it seems. i dont know he/she is still doing it or not..

    ReplyDelete