MESSAGEBOARD

Dear friends, Just wanted you all to know that I DONT USE FACEBOOK, ORKUT, SKYPE OR TWITTER most probably will never do that either........

Blogging is my hobby, i write because i love to write, till date I HAVE NOT USED MY BLOGS FOR ANY COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS PURPOSES. IF I DO IT IN FUTURE I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

Those of you who are my friends and want to leave some message for me can use my email id or better my blogs: http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com; http://suryagni.blogspot.com,; http://suryakana.blogspot.com;
i update these blogs once every month.

http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com, http://magicthought.wordpress.com;
http://window2mysoul.wordpress.com
http://mycybernovels.wordpress.com
- i update these blogs almost everyday ................ sharmishtha basu (25.12.2010)

In the end, i always request my regular readers to just once read this blog post:

http://agnitrisha.blogspot.com/2009/08/trolls.html

Thursday, November 5, 2009

scary movies

have been watching a lots and lots of scary movies lately, two results.. i am sleeping with my nightlamp on, and second i am bored of mindless gory movies...

i am addicted to horror movies, serials and stories... i just loved them since childhood, tell me about a movie that its horror and i sure will watch it.

i have noticed that horror movies become disgusting the moment they concentrate more on murders.. not on the environment.

for example, i watched both the new exorcist and to kill a mocking bird. To kill a mocking bird is a serious movie, but its suspense scenes were far more hair raising than all that blood and gore poured down in exorcist.

i have seen half a dozen japanese horrors, most of them did not had a single murder, yet they scare me a lot more than movies like scream or halloween.

i really felt a little sad because the new exorcist had a very good storyline, which was ruined by (sometimes stomach churning) violence.

i guess, our new directors can take some tips from japanese horror film makers if they want to scare us, or from the director of the omen part 1 if they want to make a classic.

8 comments:

  1. Dear sister, I also used to love scary movies but now I am too scared to watch them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Hanif, scary movies freak me out too much. My imagination runs too wild.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. dearest brother,

    i think that horror movie industry is alive and kicking for viewers like us :)

    i am highly imaginative type of person, so i know very well that i will be scared, and will imagine all sort of things in the night but still i watch them :)

    actually i can digest one in a month or so, but in last three months or so i have watched seven or eight of them :) and some were really good like event horizon, house on haunted hill (these two were hair raising) :)

    i dont think i will be able to say goodbye to horror movies ever :)

    with lots of affection,
    didi

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear sara,
    sometimes we know the results will not be very good but we keep alive some not so harmless addictions, horror movies is one of those addictions to me, i have loved spooky stories, movies etc since childhood :)

    no matter how much they scare me i miss them if i dont watch something new once in a while. this time i stuffed myself up too much i guess :)

    wishing you the very best,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Trisha,

    Horror movies are not always harmless, as you get paniced for some hours, your mind get disturbed when it directly put a lot of pressure on your heart, year and eyes.

    Personally, I sometimes watch them but my family is dead agaist of watching them, so, it's difficult to stay tuned. But I really got interested about the japanease horror movies you mentioned.

    Where from did you get to see those movies???
    Please share the info.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear shankha,
    they were all shown in star movies, years ago but hollywood have recreated them in english, and they are available on internet.. ring, grudge, dark water and the eye.. these are the four movies i watched in japanese with english subtitles, they were awesome, remakes are a little violent.

    :) as for horror movies i completely agree with your points but i am addicted to them all the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the English Versions. I have seen "The Ring" and "Dark Water", those are great. Specially cannot forget dark water, the lady and the poor daughter should not be punished by the ghost of a little girl. I could not take the end and was really felt very sorry for the daughter. The father and daughter became so helpless. It was a very touchy movie. If not the ghost, but any accident could have taken away the mother from the child, it could have been same touchy a story to see.

    Thanks again, Shankha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it was really touching, i hated the end of all four of them. there was no silver lining.

    have you seen orphanage? its a spanish movie with english subtitles.

    you can download these movies from torrentz. com but beware of virus.

    ReplyDelete